Ways to Join Us
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
Sir Winston Churchill
With the help of committed supporters like you, the Small World Initiative® (SWI) can further our mission to inspire and retain students in the sciences while addressing one of the most pressing global health challenges of our century – the diminishing supply of effective antibiotics.
Sponsors of the Small World Initiative (SWI) proudly share the common goals of encouraging students to pursue careers in science and finding innovative solutions to develop new medical treatments. These funds make possible ongoing curriculum development, trainings and instruction, production and maintenance of online tools, workshops and materials, support and supervision, impact measurement, and student and instructor opportunities, including internships, fellowships, speaking engagements, and publishing opportunities. Sponsors will be recognized in our annual salute to donors and during class orientation programs. Additionally, if Sponsors choose, we will recognize donations online and on official correspondence. Sponsors may also be invited to visit schools to meet with students and tour laboratory facilities and may opt to receive regular updates and newsletters.
- STEM Game Changers – More Than 30 Schools ($450,000+)
- Platinum – 15 to 30 Schools ($225,000 - $450,000)
- Diamond – 7 to 15 Schools ($105,000 - $225,000)
- Gold – 4 to 7 Schools ($60,000 - $105,000)
- Silver – 1 to 4 Schools ($15,000 - $60,000)
- Bronze – Partial Support for 1 School (<$15,000)
If you or your company is interested in sponsoring the Small World Initiative or would like to discuss naming opportunities, please contact Erika Kurt at 347-762-4818 or through the Contact form.
Your donation will help our effort to make meaningful and measurable improvements in the global education and healthcare landscape. There are a variety of ways to make donations to support the Small World Initiative.
Ways to Donate
- Donate by Credit Card
- Donate by Check – Please make your check out to Small World Initiative and mail to Small World Initiative, 301 W 57th Street #45D, New York, New York 10019.
- Set Up a Recurring Donation
- Give in Honor of a Loved One
- Gift of Stock or a Donation from your IRA
- Make a Wire Transfer
- Planned Gift – Include SWI in your Will
- Employer Matching Gift – One of the easiest ways to increase your gift to the Small World Initiative is through your employer’s matching gift program. To learn if your employer will match your donation, please use the online matching gift finder here. If your employer is not on the list, you can also check with your human resources department to learn about your company's matching gift program.
- Other Creative Ways to Give – Do you have a creative idea for fundraising? If so, we want to hear from you! There are many creative ways to give, from birthday campaigns to marathons.
*The Small World Initiative is a registered 501(c)(3) public charity and has been organized exclusively for charitable, scientific, and educational purposes. Donations to the Small World Initiative are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Employer Identification Number: 81-1772308. Registered Name: Small World Initiative, Inc.
Take Action – Call for Social Impact
Have you ever thought about how to create positive social impact? There are many ways to take action and get involved with the Small World Initiative.
Ways to Take Action
- Learn – Read More About Our Approach and Stay Connected (subscribe to our newsletter and updates)
- Social Media – Follow Us on Twitter @Team_SWI and Use #smallworldinitiative, Join Our Facebook Group, Like Us on Facebook, Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel
- Volunteer – Contact Us with your Name, Contact Information, Skill Set, and Availability [additional information provided below]
- Take a Survey [surveys to be linked soon]
- Sign Petitions on STEM Education and Antibiotics [recommended petitions to be linked soon]
- Be a Fundraiser – Start a Fundraising Page or Host a Fundraising Event
- Host an Event
- Attend a SWI Event
- Partner with Us – Contact Us to Explore Partnership Opportunities
Use and develop your professional skills while furthering the Small World Initiative and creating positive social impact. Please Contact Us with your name, contact information, skill set, how much time you would like to volunteer, and when you can start. Including your resume is helpful in matching you with appropriate volunteer opportunities. If no suitable opportunities exist when you apply, we welcome your suggestions for projects that would further SWI's mission. If you would like to be considered for an internship or fellowship, please include your resume and cover letter (explaining your relevant experience and interest in SWI as well as what you hope to gain from the internship). At this time, internships may take place in New York City. Under certain circumstances, interns may work remotely.
Submit an Opportunity for SWI Instructors and Students
Small World Initiative Partner Instructors are teaching innovative and inspiring STEM curriculum while making scientific discoveries with their students. If you have an opportunity that you would like to post for SWI Partner Instructors, please click here. Instructor opportunities may include, but are not limited to, speaking engagements, publishing opportunities, research funding, and awards. If you would like to develop an opportunity exclusively for SWI Partner Instructors, please Contact Us.
Small World Initiative students gain confidence and proficiency in lab techniques while conducting original hands-on research. If you have an opportunity that you would like to share with current and former SWI students, please click here. Student opportunities may include, but are not limited to, internships, fellowships, jobs, speaking engagements, writing opportunities, and awards. If you would like to develop an opportunity exclusively for SWI students, please Contact Us.
Shop at Amazon
If you are already shopping at Amazon and you select the Small World Initiative through the below link, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible items to the Small World Initiative.